Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I would like you to meet POLYGLOT




I would love for you all to meet Polyglot, the newest addition to our home! Polyglot is a Green Naped Lorikeet. She was rescued from a family that fed her birdseed and would only handle her with leather gloves. We decided to name her that because she "speaks" cat, dog, and English, as well as doing a great fire alarm! (Someone who is able to speak, write, or read several languages is a polyglot) We call her Poly for short.






I was just a little wary of her for the first 10 minutes after we brought her home. I ran in the kitchen and whipped her up a 100% fruit and veggie slushy and gave it to her. She promptly dived in and stuffed herself. When she had finished eating I open her cage and offered her my hand (with no glove-of course) She hopped right up...and the rest is history! She adores our family, we all take her out to play. She is very cuddly and likes to have her head and under her wings scratched.



She is doing great on the new diet and is very vocal. We call her a girl, just because! I don't have any plans to breed her, and we don't care, in reality, if she is a boy or a girl. So we are not bothering to have her sexed. I am sure I will post more about her in the future!








No comments: